Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Favorite Christmas Song...




What is my favorite Christmas song? Wow, there are a lot of really fantastic songs out there. Sometimes I like songs like "Baby It's Cold Outside" if I'm in a romantic mood, or the Batman rendition of Jingle Bells if I'm in a silly or fun mood. However, my all time favorite Christmas song is Silent Night. I love the story it tells of Jesus and his birth. It reminds me of how much I am blessed even in rough times. It is such a sincere song with peaceful music. It makes me relax and I even like to think that after I've listened to it, that all is right with the world.
Right now, need something to go Right! As of Friday, one week ago I found out that my husband and our family would not be moving to Germany. This is something we were really looking forward to. We couldn't wait to explore new things and places we have never done or been and for our children to experience it all too. Everything was falling into place perfectly except for the fact that I had to quit Cosmetology school because we were moving.
Why aren't we moving? My husband is being deployed with his current unit to who knows where and who knows when? What a huge adjustment to switch from one state of mind to a completely different one. I was extremely sad and angry, all at once. I kept trying to remind myself that it was happening for a reason.
Then, the roof fell down....LITERALLY! I came home Thursday after doing some Christmas shopping and spending some time with a friend and letting the kids play together, to my house flooded with water. We live in Colorado, so it gets very cold in the winter. We have had a lot of extreme temperatures the last week, and it started to warm up a little. When it warms up, the disasters start to happen. A pipe burst in our down stairs bath room. It flooded the entire down stairs...Bathroom, bedroom, 4 closets, kitchen, dining room and living room. I am so very glad at this point that we didn't go all out with the Christmas decorations this year. We only did the tree. We are still not sure of what the damage will be from all our furniture.
To make the holidays even brighter, on Friday I was told that I have a rare incurable disease. It is called Pelvic Congestion Syndrome. My doctor has only ever seen two other cases. It was explained to me that it is some what like varicose veins in your uterus. Some women have pain with it, and some don't. I am one of the lucky ones who does have pain. It does have treatment, but not cured, so, they can make it better. For now, I am starting with the first step, birth control pills, continuously. If that doesn't work we will try either a shot or endoscopy to take a closer look. Yeah. I can hardly contain my excitement (I'm being sarcastic when i say that). So, to manage the pain the doctor prescribed me 800mg Motrin. My husband is in the Army, so that is no surprise.
So, because our house is flooded, we are staying at the La Quinta. By the way, the same thing happened last year at the exact same time and we are staying at the same hotel. We have 3 kids, they are 9, 6, & 2. I love all my children tremendously, but when you are stressed out, they can get on your very last nerve. They have been going crazy and driving me crazy couped up in a little hotel room. With all that said, it would horrify me if something ever happened to one of them. I am to the point that if one more bad thing happens, I just don't know what I will do. I might just lose my mind completely! My husband and I woke up early this morning to the hotel phone ringing in our room. We had been out late last night due to a company Christmas party. We were so tired and so were the kids. Any how, the person on the phone was the receptionist asking us if we were missing a little blond haired boy? My husband sits up in bed and looks at our 2 yr old sons bed, and he is gone! Apparently, he had escaped our room and wondered down the hallway. He tried to make his way back but made it only to the door before ours. He was crying at another guests door. They brought him down to the lobby and gave him some cereal and juice, and the front desk called us.
WOW! What a week! Amidst all this chaos, I am forever thankful that we could have moved to Germany and then my husband could have been deployed leaving my children and I in a foreign country without knowing anyone and having no support. Our house could have burst into flames and burned down, but it was only flooded and we are not homeless, just temporarily displaced. I could have been diagnosed with something life threatening, instead it is manageable. Those people could have kidnapped my child, but they did the right thing and took him to the front desk. We are so blessed and I praise God for that! However, as I am typing this and listening to the kids talk and play and the hotel TV blaring.....it would be nice to have a SILENT NIGHT!!


wof12daysofchristmas

No comments:

Post a Comment